To register for volunteer opportunities, click on the location button of your choice below.
Join MCC's Annual MLK Day of Service
Each year more than 500 students, faculty, staff and community members make it a Day On instead of a Day Off by celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy of humanity and service. This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of a vital MCC tradition as well as a national event celebrating community service.
2020 Volunteer Opportunities
- Hillcrest Hope Thrift Store, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM, 936 SE 3rd St, Lee's Summit, MO 64063, Activities: Sorting donations, collecting items at the dock, cleaning, moving furniture, and fixing things. (MCC-Longview)
- Jeanne Jugan Center, 09:30 AM -12:00 PM, 8754 James A Reed Rd, Kansas City, MO 64138, Activities: Working with the elderly or working outside if weather permits. (MCC-Longview)
- MCC- Longview, 09:30 AM - 12:00 PM, 500 SW Longview Rd, Lee's Summit, MO 64081, Activities: Making blankets for the Greater KC Coalition to End Homelessness
- Franciscan Mission Warehouse, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 2100 N. Noland Rd, Independence, MO 64050, Activities: Helping sort and organize items received in the warehouse, including bandages, gloves, crutches, etc. (MCC-Blue River)
- Hillcrest Transitional Housing, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 501 SW Mission Road, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063, Activities: Sorting, cleaning, organizing the main office and any vacant apartments. (MCC-Blue River)
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 4701 Deramus Ave, Kansas City, MO 64120, Activities: Processing paint, blinds, pricing merchandise, and unloading trucks. (MCC-Business & Technology)
- Primrose Retirement, 9:30 AM -12:30 PM, 8559 N Line Creek Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64154, Activities: Painting, cleaning, sweeping carports, and spending time with the residents. (MCC-Maple Woods)
- Connections to Success, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 300 West Linwood Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64111, Activities: Assisting in the boutique by cleaning, organizing, and sorting & sizing clothing. (MCC-Penn Valley)
For more information visit the National MLK Day of Service website.
Photos and highlights from previous years
Service is a great way to get together and have fun while meeting new people! - MCC Student
It is a great way to honor all of the hard work that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. did so what better way to honor him than giving back to the community by helping out! - MCC Student
If everyone does a little, than we can achieve big things. Someone once said that service is the way we pay rent for living on this planet. I am way behind on "paying rent" so I have a lot of things I need to do and I am glad to be a part of MCC's MLK Day of Service. - MCC Faculty