Learning Resource Building, room 202
Fall and Spring Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.- noon
Summer hours:Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - closed
Appointments may be scheduled with the Learning Specialists between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm, by calling (816)-604-4292
The Student Success Center (SSC)is located on the second floor of the Learning Resources building above the library on the second floor, in room 202.
Our mission is to provide academic support to students as they learn to become independent learners. The SSC offers FREE tutoring for students enrolled in MCC courses. Our tutors and learning specialists offer assistance in a variety of subjects. Support for specific subjects may vary from semester to semester, depending on our current staffing.
We promote student engagement in the learning process and are committed to maintaining high standards, encouraging student success and creating lifelong learners. We offer help with study skills and test-taking techniques.
Rebecca Boom, Supervisor, 816.604.4804
Sawnia Wilkes, Administrative Assistant, 816.604.4292
Carin Rowell, Learning Specialist in Reading and Writing, 816.604.4450
Jennifer Wood, Learning Specialist in Math and Science, 816.604.4247
Academic Success Tips from the Student Success Center:
- Attend every class.
- Be on time.
- If you arrive late, take a seat quietly without disrupting the class.
- Let your instructor know if you must miss class.
- Read and keep track of the syllabus.
- Take notes in class.
- Review your notes every day after class.
- Do your assignments and turn them in on time.
- Begin papers/projects when the instructor assigns them.
- Read the assigned chapter before class.
- Utilize the Student Success Center before you have a problem in class.
- Get to know your classmates and form study groups.
- Take a realistic course load.
- Participate in campus activities.
- Eat healthy and get plenty of sleep.
All services are provided free of charge to students currently enrolled in MCC courses.