Participation, Regulations, and Process for Submitting Mascot Ideas:
1. Current students, faculty, staff, alumni, and constituents are eligible to vote for MCC’s new mascot.
2. Only one vote per person will be allowed.
3. Votes must include: one vote, voter’s name, voter’s email address
4. All votes must be submitted through the MCC website or on paper through a Campus Life and Leadership Office.
Nominations were received September 18 through October 15, 2017 from current students, faculty, staff, alumni, and constituents.
All nominations were evaluated and scored, then narrowed down to five finalists based on the following criteria:
- Represent positive qualities, ideals or associations around which people can rally
- Be unifying for the all five MCC campuses and communities
- Consider the culture and history of both the college and communities MCC serves
- Be broadly relevant across the MCC community, the student body and generations of alumni
- Be easily represented in print, online, and in college materials
- Have the potential to translate in a visually pleasing manner (i.e. mascot costume, logo)
Mascot related decisions of Metropolitan Community College are final. The winning concept shall become the exclusive and perpetual property of Metropolitan Community College. The mascot winner will be announced in December 2017. The submitter of the winning mascot will receive a $100 gift card and initially credited for their idea/concept via news release, college announcement, and various social media communications channels such as Facebook and Twitter. Future uses of the mascot by Metropolitan Community College will not carry submitter attribution.
Voting for the MCC Mascot will be conducted with vote verification. Each voter will need to supply their name and an email address with which will verify one vote per person. This will allow the voting to be reviewed for consistency in a direct way. Email addresses will not be used for marketing or addition to any mailing lists, but simply for voter verification. All addresses will be deleted at the conclusion of the contest.
How to Vote:Click here to vote.