Student Employment @ MCC
Here at MCC we see student employment as career development. Working as a student employee allows students to earn a paycheck while taking advantage of the flexibility and convenience that working on campus provides. Students can also gain:
- Valuable skills and experience to include on a resume. This is especially important for those students who may have limited work history.
- An opportunity to make connections and build a network of support.
- Exposure to a real employment setting where they can begin to develop their unique brand. “What kind of employee am I?”
- Mastering the basics of professional communication.
- An understanding of the job search/hiring process.
- Knowledge of expectations in a professional workplace.
- Federal Work Study requires enrollment at MCC for the semesters employed. The Work Study program is based on financial need and eligibility is determined by filling out the FAFSA. The Work Study Program provides need-based funds for students to earn money while working on-campus or at approved off-campus sites.
- Student Regular positions require enrollment in 6 credit hours in Fall and Spring and 3 credit hours in Summer.
- International Students are only eligible for student regular positions and must be enrolled in 12 credit hours for Fall and Spring. Summer hours are not required, but must be enrolled in the following Fall semester.
For more information contact your Career Services Office.
Student applicants with disabilities, needing accommodations in the application process or in employment should notify Brandi Fockler in Human Resources at 816.604.1256 or by email at Brandi.Fockler@mcckc.edu.